The vegan population is expected to rise by 327% by 2020!
260% increase in the number of UK vegans in the last decade
- 1 in 5 people would consider going vegan
- 9 out of 10 vegans want more food on the go options
- 42% of vegans are in the 15-34 age range
- Ocado saw a 1500% increase in plant based food sales in the last year
- Many parts of the world are trending towards plant based eating
- The future of eating is flexitarian
- Orders for plant based foods have reached an all time high
- Going vegan is a lifestyle choice
- Half of all Brits know a vegan!
INFORMATION SOURCE: PLANT BASED NEWS.ORG, GOOGLE TRENDS, VEGAN SOCIETY, LIVE KINDLY, FOOD REVOLUTION NETWORK, GRUB HUB &TUCO
- Fire up the heat - named chillies & varying heat levels
- BBQ / Smoke - these remain on trend with emphasis on named smokes (i.e. hickory & oak) & regional BBQ flavours (i.e. Louisiana, Texas)
- Vibrant - colourful and inspiring dishes
- Well-being - positive flexible choices / clean eating with well-being in mind
- Hybrid / fusion - combining different culinary traditions, ingredients & flavours
- Street food - flavours from around the world / finger food to eat on the go
TABASCO® - Vegan & Hot In One Bottle!